Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Week Fifty Six

Waddup. So the weeks are starting to pass by faster right now. I hit 1 year and 1 month today.  I didn't even realize it until I looked at the date on my watch this morning. The time is passing quickly. This week we had to travel to Maceió for Baires visa. He hadn´t finished it yet and we had to go there for a day. It was nice but it was also a decent amount of time lost from the week. On the bus ride there some guys started talking to my companion on the bus. He sat in the back middle seat to have space for his legs. I was one row in front next to the window. When they discovered that he wasn't Brazilian they started to ask him a million questions. This one guy asked some pretty nasty things, but Baires didn't understand because they were using some pretty heavy curse words. I was in front laughing and I said he's not understanding anything. They asked me to translate and I said I wouldn't. Also we had a good integration this week but we weren´t able to bring any investigators because we got there directly from Maceió on Wednesday.
Francielle had her baby this week. Lohaune is the name of the baby. She was born pretty big. 4 kilos. So her baptism will maybe take a few weeks to happen. I'm pretty confident she will get there, but maybe it will take some time. Maybe this week, but I'm not too sure. Francisco is still smoking, but because the baby was born he has reduced quite a bit. He and his house both smell a lot better. But he still has some problems. We had a pretty intense lesson yesterday. He didn't understand why during the testimony meeting everyone said "the church is true." We are taught the Restoration and I tried to explain about authority and about the apostasy but for him, he only needs to have faith in Jesus. But it was good because even Francielle started to talk during the lesson explaining things. Also Francielle´s mom was there who doesn't live with them. She listened to the lesson and she understood and tried to talk but he wouldn't accept. I think I invited him to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is really true like 25 times. We´ll work through it.
Have a great week,
Elder Batten

No comments:

Post a Comment