Monday, August 22, 2016

Week Fifty Eight

That's crazy that Cole went to school this week. Time is passing by very quickly. 
This week had a rough start. We had a baptismal interview, which will have to be interviewed again by our Mission President. So that will happen this week. But I think that everything will go right. And we will have a baptism on Saturday. 
Yesterday after church we were walking in the street. We turned the corner and I saw a woman seated on the sidewalk a little ways from us. As we got closer to the side walk I started to talk to her. I kind of just started normal conversation, and discovered that her name was Luzinete. I made a joke which I don't even remember what it was, she laughed and then I started talking about how we are missionaries, this and that. She told us that she was pretty sad, and has been passing through difficulties recently. I told her that the gospel helps us to overcome the difficulties in life and that we would like to help her because the message of the gospel would bless her life. We went inside with her and I introduced the lesson and we started with a prayer. I said the prayer. When I finished the prayer and looked up there were tears streaming down her face. She told us that when we turned the corner she felt something. That we would come and talk to her and that she would feel better. That she would laugh a little and we would help her in her life. We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and invited her to be baptized on the 10th of September. She accepted the date. It was one of the more spiritual experiences I've had on my mission. The contact was very easy. I just talked normally, said something funny and she accepted us. 
It makes me remember a scripture in the Book of Mormon,
29 And there was also written upon them a new writing, which was plain to be read, which did give understanding concerning the ways of the Lord; and it was written and changed from time to time, according to the faith and diligence which we gave unto it. And thus we see that by small things the Lord can bring about great things.
Also I've been practicing magic with cards. I don't know why I have gained this addiction but I've been showing everyone recently magic with cards. Members, investigators,,, everyone. 
Have a good week, miss you
Elder Batten

No comments:

Post a Comment