Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week Twenty Three - Rio Largo

First week in Rio Largo was great. I like my new area.  It's basically one big whole in the earth, but it's all good. My companion is great, probably my favorite companion until now. But we are working hard here. Rio Largo hasn't had a baptism in 6 months. The branch here is really small, less than 30 people. And there isn't a lot of help from the members in respect to missionary work. Since our mission has lost a lot of missionaries the mission president said that if we don't have a baptism this transfer he will shut the area. But we are going to have a baptism this Saturday. And we made a goal to have 8 baptisms in this transfer. On Saturday we put two tables in front of the church building with over a hundred Liahonas and some pamphlets. We gathered Fernanda, a girl in the ward who has 18 years, and Cleber who is a recent convert and Cleber's brother who we will baptize this Saturday. We made contacts in the street by the Church building for an hour or two. We gave out all of the Liahonas and did like 127 contacts. None went to church but maybe someone will call us.

My companion is kind of an idiot though. I love him but he can be kind of stupid. He is allergic to mango. And during the week he ate part of a mango that Cleber was eating. The next day he was sick and we weren't able to leave the house because he was feeling so bad. When he called the mission doctor she asked him "Você é idiota?" Which means are you an idiot? Because she knows he is allergic to mango. She just wrecked him on the phone and I almost died of laughter. That was the first day of the mission that I've stayed in the house the entire day. It was super weird. But the rest of the week we worked hard to make up for the lost day.

I'm excited to talk with you on Christmas. I will call you 2 hours here. That should be 9 in the morning there. Be ready to receive the call. It will be through Skype, remember that.

I tried to call one day this week, I don't remember which day it was. I called the home and Dad's cell phone. Mom's didn't go through. But no one answered. We have 5 minutes that we are allowed to talk with our families on the phone but no one answered so that time is lost now.

Have a good week and Merry Christmas!
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment