Monday, November 23, 2015

Week Nineteen

Great to hear that everything is going well. And don't worry about the package. It's no big deal. Maybe it will come this month. And that picture you saw was probably on my facebook. It is of Me, Mariano, and Mike. We were drinking Guarina. It's cool to hear that Tyler got her permit and Cole finished his eagle project.

I actually lost all of my photos the last P-Day. I did something wrong and accidentally deleted them all. But Marquins (a member who lives close) was able to save them somehow using a program on his computer. So I sent the photos over email. But it's all good now.

Also, I totally lied when I said that I was feeling better last P-Day while emailing. I returned home and puked again two times later that night. But I was fine the next day. I don't know why but it just kind of happened.

We had Zone Conference this week which was good. President kind of burned all the missionaries a little but it was good. It was needed, our mission needs to get better right now.

Everything is going well with my new companion. He doesn't speak English really. No one I live with "speaks English." Elder Chave and Elder Oliveira are trying to learn English right now and I am helping them. Sometimes we read the Book of Mormon in English together to help them with pronunciation. I don't really like practicing English with them to be honest. I've completely switched to Portuguese except for writing. One investigator actually told me I speak better Portuguese than my companion. I talk more like a Nordestino than he does. Mosambique speaks Portuguese of Portugal. His accent is different and sometimes he uses words that people here don't use.

We are working hard but it's a little difficult right now. We have potential baptisms here close with dates but we have to wait and see what will happen. It's really frustrating when we do all that we can during the week and only 2 investigators are at church on Sunday. I'll be honest and say that I was in a pretty poor mood last Sunday, but this week is a new week.

One of our investigators, Josefa, It's her birthday today.  We are going to have a small family home evening/surprise birthday party for her today with her family (all members except Josefa). That should be fun.

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving!

Love,
Elder Batten




No comments:

Post a Comment