Monday, November 9, 2015

Week Seventeen - 2 Baptisms!

We just finished the end of this transfer yesterday Also I made 4 months. Time is flying by. Elder Mariano will be transferred to Arapiraca tomorrow and I'm going to receive a new companion. So that's going to be interesting. I don't know my new companion, but he is from Africa. Probably Mosambique or Cape Verde. But I don't know, I've never met him. And he's pretty new in the mission. He only has one more transfer than me.

Saturday was awesome. Janiel got married which was great. After the wedding, Janiel, and Andre were baptized. We had asked Andre on Tuesday night if he wanted to be baptized Saturday and he accepted. He was already pretty well prepared but we went there every day to prepare him. So we had 2 baptisms. I baptized Andre and Mariano baptized Janiel. It was pretty awesome. Afterwards we had a party to celebrate the wedding and also the baptisms which was awesome. We had cake and soda. So that was probably the best day of my mission until now.

But it's really starting to warm up here. We had some really hot days this week. But I'm getting used to it.

Have a good week.
Elder Batten












No comments:

Post a Comment