Friday, November 6, 2015

Week Sixteen - Halloween

Hey, another good week again. P Day is today because yesterday was a holiday. Everything was closed so President Gomes switched P Day for today.

Halloween was this week. No one here celebrates Halloween, but I carved a pumpkin and gave it to one of our investigators. She liked it a lot. A lot of people who passed by her house were looking at it. So that was pretty cool.

We had splits and zone meeting this week. Both went well. Zone meeting was a little intense because President Gomez was there and he burned our zone a little bit. But he did that for the entire mission this past week. The numbers of the mission are low. Our zone had bad numbers in everything except baptisms which I thought was strange. Our zone had more that 15 this month. But it was good. It helped me realize that I can be doing a lot more. We should be making a lot more contacts than we are doing right now.

Janiel is going to be married and baptized this Saturday. He bore his testimony during church this past Sunday. It was awesome. Saturday is gonna be sick. We may be having 2 baptisms. Andre has been going to church for more than a month already but he lives in a different area. He is planning on getting married here to a member and moving here within the ward. And he wants to be baptized here. So we started teaching him and we marked his baptism for this Saturday. He's already been doing a lot of studying in the Book of Moron and he had shown a desire to be baptized a couple of times. So we will probably have 2 baptisms this Saturday. It's gonna be great.

This is the last week of the transferencia. So I'll finish my training this Sunday. My companion may be transferred because this is his 4th  here in Bariloche. I could be transferred as well. You never know. But I'm doing really well. I'm happy here. The language is improving more everyday.

Love and miss you all,
Luke







No comments:

Post a Comment