Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week Eight

Sorry I didn't send an email yesterday, all the LAN houses were closed and it was going to take forever to wait so we got permission to send emails today. Also we had plans to play soccer at the church. But everything is fine.

This week was a little rough. Adjusting to the food here hasn't been bad until early last week. I woke up at 4am and vomited pretty horrendously and woke up my companion. He wasn't that upset considering that I was throwing up. The day after I was pretty tired the entire day but it's all over now, and I'm doing alright now.

We had splits this week. First with the zone leaders. They came to our area to split with me and Mariano and Sorrenson and Lima (Sorrenson and Lima are the other missionaries living in our apartment). It was fun. Good to have a change of scenery. That was Wednesday I think. And on Friday we had splits with the District leaders. I went with Elder Pedro to the Canada ward which is like a 15 minute walk. That was fun as well. We spend the day with Jailson who is a member of the ward there. He lives alone and needs some help sometimes. Mainly just company, so the missionaries visit him often. He expected me to play the piano for him on his electronic keyboard and thought I was lying when I said I didn't know how to play. Also he forced me to sing hymns for him. That was fun. That was actually the night that I threw up.

But besides the splits this week went well. We have many prospective baptisms close. Sergio is close to finishing his divorce so that he can get married and he and Andressa can be baptised. Also we have two really good investigators that have a lot of potential. We have one who agreed to be baptised on the 27th. But all of this is circumstantial. I really need to focus on their needs right now and the baptisms will come. But setting dates for their baptisms helps them to work towards goals.

I'm doing great. I'm happy here, the language is hard and some days are better than others but I am learning every day. My tan lines on my neck are pretty bad. And I think I'm going to buzz my hair next week because it's so hot here. But that's pretty much all I got. I also bought a smaller bag because the black Nike bag I brought was too big. All I need is my Book of Mormon, Bible, and pamphlets really. And sometimes Pregar Meu Evangelho. So I bought a small bag for 20 Reais, which is like $6 so not a big deal,  But yeah, until next week!

Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment