Monday, April 18, 2016

Week Forty

It feels like yesterday when I sent a Skype message on Christmas. I don't know if I will be able to call you here in Tobias but if I can I will let you know.

This week was a lot of work. We lost a lot of time having to resolve some things. First, we have to change our house and we finally finished all of the documents and got it sent off to the mission office. So now we have to wait until we will be able to move. That will really blow some time, but that's ok. Also some sisters in my district had 3 baptisms this Saturday so we had to go there which is a two and a half hour bus ride. When I finally got all of the interviews done we had missed the last bus to return to Tobias. We had to get another bus to go to Aracaju the area of the LZ in another zone. But we were able to return the next day before 12.

Also, we lost Degenalda who was our investigator who was progressing the most until now. It was pretty difficult. She doesn't want to start attending a different church. It was frustrating because she didn't read or pray specifically to receive an answer. She went to church and liked it. She even cried during the testimony of a member but there is nothing I can really do about it. I did give a talk on Sunday about missionary work. I hope that someone felt something and will have the desire to change the branch.

We have been asking everyone in Tobias for references. Even when we make contacts in the street we ask for anyone who would maybe like to receive a visit from the missionaries. This week we received 9 references from investigators and random people. No one went to church but I have hope for the next week.

Transfers past yesterday, I will be staying in Tobias with the same companion.

Love and miss you all

Elder Batten

No comments:

Post a Comment