Monday, April 4, 2016

Week Thirty Eight - District Leader

So I don't know exactly why I got transferred. All I know is that the mission president wanted to make some changes and I am a district leader now. I really wish I could have stayed more time in Rio Largo but it is how it is. I received the call at 12:00 that I was being transferred and I had to be at the bus station at 5:30. The bus station is an hour away from Rio Largo so I had to run home quickly to pack my bags and leave. I said goodbye to one of my converts and that was it. I didn't have time for anything else which sucks.

But now I am in an area called Tobias Barreto. It's another branch. Actually the smallest branch of the mission but that is okay. I am in a different state of my mission now as well. Before I was in Alagoas, and now I am in Sergipe. My district is all sisters... but one of them is a new sister that came on the mission a few weeks ago. She is actually Zach Newsom's friend. So that's pretty sick. During conference and interviews with the mission president I talked with her for a while it was pretty cool. This week I will take a picture at District meeting and send it.

General Conference was awesome. It was a lot easier to understand than the first time 6 months ago. I didn't have any trouble this time. The translators have boring voices but you just have to press attention and it's all good. I really liked Bednar's talk during priesthood session and also Holland's  and Elder Arnold's.

We had to go looking for a new house to live in this week. There were some problems with the owner and he is trying to pass off old bills for water for the church to pay. So we kind of don't have water in the house to do dishes. There is a little bit to take showers but I don't know when that is going to run out.

I sent pictures in another email.
Have a great week, love and miss you.

Elder Batten



No comments:

Post a Comment