Monday, February 8, 2016

Week Thirty

I guess I'll answer those questions first. The language is fine. It hasn't really been a barrier for 2 or 3 months now. But still I find words that I don't know.  But I'm practicing to lose my accent. It's getting better and better every day. That dream that you had is pretty crazy haha. Probably will be real life here in a year and a half. With 7 months in the mission I kind of just feel like I'm going to be a missionary for the rest of my life. I've passed some time and I don't know... It just feels like 2 years is the rest of my life haha.  It's hard to explain.

But this week went super well. We worked hard, tried to get the members involved and started visiting less actives. The members and less actives didn't really give anything but we are going to stick with it. Outside of that we've been teaching a family for about a week and a half now that is super elect. 2 Sundays ago they had already committed to something and couldn't go to church. But this Sunday Acelia and Victor went to church. Jose didn't go because he had to fix something that happened in the house. He is a little more timid. It went really well. I had fear that no one would be at church because of Carnival. The first meeting (Priesthood and Relief Society) had to be combined because there were not enough people. That went okay but a majority of the members stayed in the back conversing and interrupting the lesson. But afterwards principles of the gospel went really well. I gathered the people who I wanted, went upstairs and me and my companion taught the class because they don't have a teacher called. But Acelia said that she like it a lot. And Sacrament Meeting went well. We asked her to pray while the sacrament was being distributed and she said that she felt desire to be baptized. So we are going to return this week frequently to follow up and have Jose at church the next Sunday. But I'm super happy about that. They are doing super well.

Also Carnival is going right now. It's not that bad here in Rio Largo because the city is pretty small. But there is a lot of partying in the streets, people covered in paint, men dressed up like women. Pretty interesting but it's pretty calm here in comparison to other places.

I miss you all.
Have a good week.

Elder Batten

No comments:

Post a Comment