Monday, May 8, 2017

Week Ninety Five

Sorry I didn't send an email last week, we were kind of pressed with time because we had to do it on Tuesday since Monday was labour day. But last week me and my companion helped a member to slaughter a pig. My companion wanted to kill it. He had to give it the blow with a hatchet. He kind of looked like a clown doing it because he was too scared to hit it hard and ended up just kind of hurting the pig. This other guy who was there had to end up grabbing the axe and killed it. I helped skin it and do a few things. I also gave the pigs baths and put out food for them.
This week we are spent a lot of time trying to help Jadiel's family because the members got really excited to see a complete family go to church. It's been a while that missionaries have brought a complete family to church here. We helped them move their house on Tuesday and when we got there they were totally unprepared to move and we just started putting things on a cart and wheeling them to the new house which was like a 5 minute walk. They eventually called their "friend" who had a small truck who helped out. He was this 70 year old guy who surprisingly had a lot of strength and energy who just spent his time chewing people out. Except me and my companion who were actually helping. And we ended up getting a lot of rain. But I kind of liked that part. That entire day I was having reflux and I ended up spending the night throwing up at 1 in the morning. I think it was vinegar that I ate at lunch. But I slept the entire next day so it was cool and I feel better now.

Have a good week!
Elder Batten

No comments:

Post a Comment