Monday, October 12, 2015

Week Thirteen

This week was great. We had some pretty warm days but it was fine. It went by pretty quickly. We've been working on some new investigators this week so that was nice. We made plans with Janiel this week to go and get the documents for his marriage so that this can happen within the next few weeks. Also, we're going to go with Juliana to get Josefa's documents so she can get married and baptized as well. (Juliana is the daughter of Josefa who is a member). But I'm pretty excited for that. Should go well I hope. We need to continue to find new investigators though.

This week we stopped by Gysettes's house. We're going to go there for a family home evening today. She is a less active that we are working with. She had a bunch of family over and someone asked me if I could offer a prayer in English. So I did. It was awful. I messed up so many times. I kept trying to say e and com for and and with. And I couldn't remember that Irmá is sister in English. And I've been trying to think completely in Portuguese so it was difficult for form the sentences in English. So yeah, I guess that's both a good thing and a bad thing.

Oh, one more thing. Some 16 year old girl hugged me earlier this week. She's a friend of a recent convert who is 17. We were just talking outside of his house and when we went to leave she just said "abraco, elder". And I couldn't formulate the words quick enough to say I can't hug people, so it just kind of happened. Elder Mariano and Mikey were laughing hysterically when we turned to leave. So yeah, sorry I don't have much to say this week. I'll try to think of more next week.

Luke






No comments:

Post a Comment