Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Week Fourteen

Hey, this week passed by really fast. I don't know what happened but it feels like I just had P-Day yesterday. But this was a good week. We went to the cartorio with Janiel and Marisa to finalize their marriage. And we were able to finish everything. He is going to be married and baptized on November 7th. So I'm really excited for that. He's pretty excited as well I should add. It's relieving that we are going to have a baptism this transfer. So that was really awesome. Now we need to find new people to teach. That's always a need, but right now we really do need more.

We had zone meeting this week on Tuesday. That was fun. I learned a lot and heard a lot of good ideas on how to better our work. We need to be having Ward Council more often but our Bishop here doesn't think it's necessary to have the missionaries. So we kind of don't know what to do there. Eventually I think we are going to tell him that this needs to change or call the Mission President. Because the Bishopric needs to be more involved with our investigators.

Still waiting on Sergio and Andressa to finalize their marriage as well. They said they don't need any help, but they have been putting it off a little bit. Josefa as well. We had some hot days this week not going to lie.

Also we have new missionaries in our apartment now. Jacentino was re-opened. They put Elder Olievera and Mateus (Matthew) there. Matthew is a missionary from Corta Praza. Corta Praza is basically members that are waiting for their mission calls to come. It's a calling to do everything that a missionary does, but in the mission they live in. He lives like an hour or two from here and he will stay until December I think. But they are both doing well. It will be hard because the older missionaries that were there were dead and left 0 investigators for them to teach. But they are working hard.

But I'm doing well. I have more to learn in respect to the language but I'm working hard.

I miss everyone,
Luke




No comments:

Post a Comment