Monday, January 2, 2017

Week Seventy Seven - Happy New Year

Hey! I hope that you all had a good New Year. Our New Year went well, but there wasn´t  too much to do. Everyone here left for the beach. That is pretty common on Holidays. But we returned home a little early, and ordered a pizza to celebrate. There were a bunch of fireworks at midnight but I was too tired and lazy to get out of my bed to go and see them. 
The week went well other than that. I like my new companion. We´ve been building a new teaching pool. We visited a lot of members this week and we are getting some things going. The way we divided the area I stayed in the area which we weren´t really working that much, but we divided the investigators who were progressing to be baptized. So we will work in the other area a little to help out Ednilson and Mayara. 
Ednilson has a baptismal date set for this week but he´s got cold feet. We are working with him to start living the commandments. He´s been keeping commitments and praying, but the New Year kind of jumbled things up. 
I gave a talk on Sunday. The bishop asked us 4 to talk about a principle of the Gospel. (Faith, repentance, baptism and the gift of the holy ghost) I talked about the gift of the holy ghost and afterwards the Bishop finished the meeting. It was cool, but there weren´t very many people at sacrament meeting to hear it though. 

I hope the new year was great
Elder Batten





No comments:

Post a Comment